Friday, March 2, 2012

Feature [8] SM☆SH


Hello everyone,

Todays groups is the Korean group, turned Japanese group SM☆SH.




SM☆SH, or as I will from here on out refer to them as SMASH. They debut in 2008 in Korea. Originally a 6 member group, they became a five member group when they debut in Japan in 2010.
The group consist of :

-World
-Jerry
-Naru
-Hero
-Hanbang

Former Members
-Cheonwoo

I really like this group, I find they have the unique traits of both the Korean and Japanese music industries, more so then other kpop groups that have debut in Japan. Often when groups debut in Japan they are simply a kpop group singing in Japanese (Which there is by no means anything wrong with that) however I feel like these guys capture the cuties aspect of jpop groups, but bring the amazing dance skills that I often associate with kpop groups. While I love their Japanese songs, I wish they would come back to Korea I think their cute concepts would fit in well since most of the male kpop groups are promoting dark, fierce, hardcore type images at the moment.

http://smashjapan.com/ Here is their official Japanese website.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forlifemusic?blend=1&ob=0#p/c/AFA254E3467AD1B is the link to their companies' official Youtube page.

They have quite a few MV's here are the ones I would suggest:

Bounce★up




DoitDoit


Step

They recently release their first Korean single in years there is no MV but here is the live version




So give these guys a listen and if you like Korean guys singing in Japanese then you will love this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment