Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kpop and Opera


Recently I have started watching Opera Star 2012 and frankly I don't know why more people aren't watching it. In an industry where people often complain about the lack of vocal talent, these stars are not only proving that they can sing, but they are singing in one of the hardest forms of singing, opera.



Participants: (From Left to Right)

The One

DANA

Park Ji Yoon

Kim Jong Seo

Park Ki Young

Son Ho Young

Jo Hee

Park Ji Heon


I've always loved classical music and opera, and even though I don't know much about either of them I can still enjoy the music. Truly these stars should be applauded for their efforts. My bias is of course Park Ji Yoon, however I feel since Park Ki Young is a ballad singer normally, that her voice might be a little more suited to this type of singing.

Here are their first round performances:

The One

Park Ji Yoon

Kim Jong Seo

Park Ki Young

Son Ho Young

Jo Hee

Park Ji Heon

They've reach round four already but I figured that this blog would be too long if I put all their videos up. If you really like the performances you can actually purchase the song from itunes.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment